Open to everyone and all ages!
Build a whimsical, colorful and kinetic outdoor sculpture made of found materials.
Build it high, low, wide or with a theme – just build it!
Whirligig creations will be scored on creativity, construction,
whirl factor, and use of recycled materials.
Creativity-Theme, colors, shapes and images
Construction-Sturdiness, method of assembly, materials and craftsmanship
Whirl Factor-Kinetic properties powered by wind
Recycled- Repurposed or found materials
KEEP IN MIND
All participants will be recognized and winners announced on stage, just before the final band performance on Saturday, November 3. Winners will be recognized and presented thier prizes around 3 pm
at the entertainment stage near BB&T.
Building a Whirligig Guidelines:
• Whirligigs must be made out of recycled or found materials.
• Whirligigs must whirl by only wind power.
• Design must be free-standing, stable, ready for display and able to withstand weather conditions.
• Contestants may not resubmit the same whirligig as
• Entries must be delivered and set up on Friday evening, 7 - 10 pm.
• Give it a name! Each whirligig must be labeled, or identired in some way, with a "name" for the sculpture. This assists both spectator and judges in identifying your whirligig.
How to Enter:
Print out the Whirligig Contest information and Entry Form at the bottom of this page.
Complete the form and attached a photo or sketch of the whirligig.