Open to everyone and all ages!
Build a whimsical, colorful and kinetic outdoor sculpture made of found materials.
Build it high, low, wide or with a theme – just build it!
Whirligig creations will be scored on creativity, construction,
whirl factor, and use of recycled materials.
Creativity-Theme, colors, shapes and images
Construction-Sturdiness, method of assembly, materials and craftsmanship
Whirl Factor-Kinetic properties powered by wind
Recycled-Repurposed or found materials
KEEP IN MIND
Winners Announced @ Festival!
All participants will be recognized and winners announced on stage, just before the final band performance on Saturday, November 3. Winners will be recognized and presented thier prizes around 3 pm
at the entertainment stage near BB&T.
Building a Whirligig Guidelines:
• Whirligigs must be made out of recycled or found materials.
• Whirligigs must whirl by only wind power.
• Design must be free-standing, stable, ready for display and able to withstand weather conditions.
• Contestants may not resubmit the same whirligig as
• Entries must be delivered and set up on Friday evening,
• Give it a name! Each whirligig must be labeled, or identired in some way, with a "name" for the sculture. This assists both spectator and judges in identifying your whirligig.
by 7 pm or they become property of the Wilson Whirligig Festival
How to Enter:
Print out the Whirligig Contest information and Entry Form at the bottom of this page.
Complete the form and attached a photo or scetch of the whirligig.